Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Always Something

Seems I am always working on several projects at one time. Funny, because it makes me absolutely nuts to have little messes here and there, which is exactly what is happening. Cooking, crafting, playing...hope these are memories for the boys that we were a creative family, with the TV almost never on (been a few weeks without it now). Eating Ants on a Log for the first time!
Quinoa Cakes and Marinated Beans from Pinterest
Homemade Baked Vegan Doughnuts (requested by Auntie Amy)
Art experiment, because Boeing is always asking "What color do you get when you mix ________ with ________?" I put the primary colors into sections of an ice cube tray and then let him use an old medicine syringe to mix the colors. After mixing, I let him shoot the colored water onto watercolor paper. He really enjoyed it.
This was also good practice with dexterity, as he had to slowly pull the water up and not spill the rest.
Look at that concentration. If I remember, Huxley snoozed through this entire activity while he was snuggly in my moby wrap.
A little swinging after finished art experiment. Daddy made this tire swing from an old motorcycle tire.
Finished off with a little train play (or should I say train crashing, as this is Boeing's current favorite way to play trains).
Teacher appreciation gift similar to one I saw on Pinterest. Had to recreat my own, as we got larger candy bars. Yummy!